Job Title: Event Coordinator
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
The job holder Must be a hard-working, customer service-oriented person who is passionate about being a key member of a small events team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for working with the Project Planning Team to ensure that adequate support is provided for all Speakers and Moderators attending the conference and the team across exhibition management and logistics.
- Understand general information of show/s (e.g. profile, top companies/clients, sqm, dates, venue).
- Manage speakers and moderators in the technical program.
- Collect bios, abstracts and presentations prior to the conference.
- All correspondence to speakers to be done via the designated company email address.
- Manage speakers on-site and assist with general duties on-site.
- Attend relevant planning meetings subject to appropriate notice.
- Attend to all stakeholders’ expectations by communicating through meetings, verbal, written and email forms.
- Respond to requests from the client in an efficient and timely manner.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda and meeting minutes.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.) Liaison with on-site AV supplier for on-site rooms management.
- Coordination of exhibition management and correspondence.
- Maintain an ongoing progress report and produce periodic status reports of the event.
- Able to work appropriate hours to complete tasks and meet goals.
- Be the client advocate; ensure all issues and changes are met by the team.
- Attend the GDA 2020 Conference in Bahrain.
- Support planning and coordination of the program and its activities. Contribute to coordination and management of GDA 2020
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- At least Bachelor’s degree or diploma in event management
- At least 3 years experience in Event Management
- Experience in oil & Gas is an advantage
- Proven experience as event coordinator.
- A proven track record of organizing successful events.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills