Job Title: IT Engineer
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Job holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Manager. The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems, and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation
- •Diagnose and resolve technical issues Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Provide desktop and server support
- Support and maintain MS Server/Desktops and MS Exchange
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logson servers, desktops and laptops
- Setting up and configuring new core servers
- Installing authorised software to core servers
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to core servers
- Fault-finding to core servers
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
For Interested candidates please register and upload your updated CV to www.myjobs.ae
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Familiarity with general OS systems, Enterprise, programming languages, and Office software.
- Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks.
- Good communication skills.