Position Title: Category Manager (FMCG) Supermarket
Location: Dubai, UAE
The jobholder will select or develop the departmental product offer to meet the customer requirements and be in line with the strategic direction of the business. He will deliver business buying and sourcing plan in line with the business strategy and deliver a profitable and commercial range that maximizes every sales opportunity in the area/store/region and meet targets.
Sales, Margin and Budgeting
- Develop and deliver on an annual business plan (ABP) in conjunction with DH (department head) for each product line to achieve budgeted goals in revenue, sales, margin, and drive execution of plan at category level
- Develop and deliver a “range” sales plan that meets agreed sales and margin targets
- Maintain a level of product expertise, ensuring product is bought within the acceptable standard norms of quality and as per specs
- Ensure that the stocks are as per the requirements and demand to ensure fewer Markdowns
- Create planograms and layout for sections as per customer buying habits with support of the CMD to impact the sales for FMG & FF.
- Ensure adherence to company health and safety policy at the department(s) level (e.g. health checkup/staff hygiene checks etc.) specially in FMCG
For Interested candidates please click the link below generated by LinkedIn to apply for the job
we encourage you to visit our website www.bdselect.com
for the updates, news, tips, products and services we propose if you are planning a career move.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Managerial/Supervisory role
- Experience in FMCG
- Experience in Supermarket/Hypermarket is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of successfully growing a business by developing and executing plans
- Experienced in managing external supplier relationships